A wooden floor is one of the biggest and best investments that you can make for your home. They add a lot of aesthetic value to your property and make it look more welcoming. Although timber floor look classy, they are quite difficult to maintain. Even a slight negligence can damage this expensive investment of yours. We at JJ floor Sanding, the timber floor sanding specialists suggest that you should take care of your floor as much as you do for any other investment. Here are a few things that you should not do in case you don’t want to hire a timber floor sanding company like us soon.
Pets could be dangerous for your floor
- Do not leave the pet urine untreated for long. Never let it dry or else the floor will get stained. The longer the urine stays on the floor, the more will be the damage. This is because, urine has a lot of acid that will eat away the protective wax and can eventually damage the floor. Clean the urine immediately.
- Trim the nails of your pets regularly. Also train them not to scratch the floor.
- Never fill your pet’s water bowl completely. If the water spills and goes unnoticed, it can damage the floor.
- Even trained pets commit mistakes, so be careful with them.
Handle the furniture carefully
- Never drag your furniture or heavy appliances on your wooden floor. This is one of the most common reasons why you may require an early timber floor sanding. Carefully lift them up, move them, and place them back on their new positions. Dragging can cause severe and irreparable damage to your floor. You may use felt pads and furniture straps for moving but we strongly suggest you to lift the furniture and move them instead of dragging them.
- Minimize the contact between the furniture and your timber floor. Use protective pads under the legs of the furniture so that their weight does not damage the floor.
Remove your shoes
High heels sure give you an impressive look but they are harmful for your floor. Frequent use may cause denting in the wood. Further, damaged heels can cause severe scratches. We strongly recommend that you must remove them at the doors. You can wear slippers with soft bottom at home. Make sure the slipper is clean and dirt-free.
Clean your timber floor carefully
- Never use steam to clean timber floor. Steam is quite hot and when used, it can damage the wood. High heat from the steam can damage the protective layer of the floor. If it passes through the protective layer, it can cause severe and irreparable damage.
- Never pour the cleaning products directly on the floor. Instead, apply them lightly on the areas that require a little more cleaning. Mix recommended quantity of cleaning solution and water and use it to mop the floor lightly.
- Water is the best cleaning product for timber floor. Plain water is quite effective in removing the stains and dirt. Mopping the floor regularly with water will be helpful in retaining is shiny look. Minimize the timber floor cleaning products as much as possible.
- We advise you not to use vinegar, dish-washing detergent, all purpose cleaner, ammonia, etc. for cleaning the stains. They are harmful for timber.
These tips will certainly help you avoid the requirement of an early timber floor sanding. For more such useful tips, keep reading our blog. Call us at 0423 321 021 to know more about our services.